Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Avoid Death

I asked for a splash of humiliation and I received a handful of ash. Keep in mind that ash cures as charcoal, mostly the color of the average human heart. Can it catch flame and hold fire? I have witnessed this. I have been impressed at times and others I have been horrified! So what is my drink of choice this fine September eve? I'll take a twist of poison and drink willingly. I'll make sure to drown the cure into the fellow sitting in the third barstool to the left of me. He seems so dreary, yet strikingly alive. His child just graduated from college, a promotion fell his way. But his wife left him for a lawyer, said he could not satisfy her with his current pay. From what I understand, he toiled for years and years. He suffered through the sorrow while he fought back the tears. I'll drink to those tears and I'll share with him more. I'll be the shoulder that he would need right now, more then ever before.

I find it strange that she cannot appreciate, the strength that he shows during times that are hard, and going that is rough. He puts up with your pain, he can't get enough. If she places strange skin on a pedestal, high above the wrinkles that she has become used to, how in the world does she think she will survive when hard times come without a binding contract? He has nothing to lose. Except for you, because you are binding, to someone else. And you will lose everything that you said that you love. The gutter will accept you with open arms, and the rain from clouds and eyes will keep you cold on this cold night. The only warmth you will find is orange and wrapped in cylindrical glass, and even she will make you sick, faster then you have ever become before. Find solace in the fact that you will be denied change willingly, for you have changed unwillingly. Blame it on the needle and actions of the past. Your days will be long, you're numbered, you're last…in line at the clinic to cure you, the disease… You shake like you've been broken. Are you kidding me? You haven't seen nothing! You could have avoided your current situation. Instead you embraced it and welcomed it with forced open arms. It's your fault that you died today….

0 comments:

Post a Comment